Aug 4, 2010

Self importance

It's a strange thing, being self aware.  I'm pretty sure it's what leads to ... shall we say an over exaggerated feeling of self importance?

I'm not knocking feeling that you're important.  I mean, if you don't, well... that generally means there are a few screws loose somewhere in your belfry.  Which is kind of part and parcel of being human, don't get me wrong.

As it's been said in oh so many different ways and at oh so many different times, normal isn't.  And even if it was, it's totally boring.  And, thankfully, from my perspective, is not a label that's ever been applied to myself.

But seriously, what in the heck is going on with the world today?  Why does anyone care what Paris Hilton thinks?  Who cares if Lindsay Lohan has a whole host of addiction problems?  Really.  No, really.  Yes, their families and actual friends should care, but why does anyone else?

For that matter, why are you reading random people's blogs?  To see if they're as crazy as you?  Yes, they are.  Maybe in different ways, but, don't worry, they are. 
To see if their life sucks as bad as yours?  Probably.  I'm pretty sure there's maybe a total of 5 people in the world who have a perfect life. 5.  And so what, reading about someone else's crappy life makes your life look not so crappy?  Well, yes, on certain days I bet that's true. 
Or are you just that nosy?  And if you are that nosy, here's a free tip from my fingertips to your eyes (I would hope it goes through your eyes into your brains, but don't worry, I'm not holding my breath):  GET A LIFE.  Get a hobby, get a good book, a good movie, go DO something with yourself instead of wondering what other people are doing.  Because I gotta tell you, when you're busy with your own life, you don't have time to waste on wondering if some person you don't know has got the newest coolest pair of shoes ever.  You won't need to know if that guy that was in that one movie is being cheated on by his wife or girlfriend.  You'll have (wait for it) more important things to wonder or worry about.

Yes, I do realize that I just told you to STOP reading my blog and to go out and get your own life.  So what are you still doing here?  Did you forget that there's a whole freaking world that exists OUTSIDE of the computer?  Then maybe you should branch out and work on a new hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment